Approximately midway between Dublin and Belfast, Carlingford is a village on the shores of Carlingford Lough. Overlooked by Slieve Foy and the Mourne mountains, Carlingford offers a very Irish experience to all visitors, rich in local history and folklore. Carlingford is just four miles from Omeath.
While here why not visit King Johns castle or the Thosel. For those wishing to stay longer, visit the accommodation page for listings of the prominent hotels, hostels, guest houses, B&Bs and pubs in the area, and visit Omeath Online the local site for Omeath, Co. Louth
Irish classes for beginners/intermediate/advanced
Irish classes will recommence 17th September 2014.
Irish Gaeilge Helper App for Android
The Irish Help app provides a number of essential Irish language productivity enhancements to Android. The helper includes Irish Characters (copy and paste), Multiple Irish Characters (work area – copy and paste), Irish Irregular Verbs reference and a saved notebook allowing you to store and retrieve your own regularly used words, phrases and text.
It can be downloaded from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lumberbat.IrishHelper
Carlingford Indoor Food & Craft Fair
St. Michael’s Hall next Sunday 7th Sept 12noon – 6pm.
Free admission. All welcome.
Omeath Active Retired resumes Wed 10th Sept in Dolmen Centre at 3.00pm. New members very welcome.
Irish Dancing resumes in St. Mary’s Hall, Cooley on Thursday 4th and Friday 5th September at the usual times.
Carlingford Tidy Towns
Inspection Volunteers are required on Monday and Tuesday nights for weeding and clean up. Meet at the tennis courts at 7.00pm.
Bring gardening gloves, tools and a plastic bag.
Omeath Cemeteries Survey Cumann Staire Uí Mhéith (Omeath Historical Society) are undertaking a survey of burial plots, grave markers, headstone inscriptions etc. in both Omeath cemeteries with a view to collating the information collected and eventually making it available in published form.
St. Vincent de Paul
St. James Conference, Cooley. Talk in confidence. Phone 087 9656852.
Good Morning Louth
Telephone service for older people living in Co. Louth to ensure safety and security in their homes. Free service and confidential. For more info contact Anne Murphy 042 9330103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Omeath: 087 1624111. Carlingford: 042 9373581.
- 'Model prisoner' Michael McKevitt in fresh bid for freedom - Belfast Telegraph
- Great war has begun, says Ukraine - Sydney Morning Herald
- Emotions mixed as Israeli children return to school after Gaza war - Stuff.co.nz
- Man (58) hospitalised following serious assault outside maternity hospital - Irish Independent
- Kenny urges UN mandate overhaul - Irish Examiner
- Shoppers cash in on all-outgrocery price war - Irish Examiner
- Bin firm staff will vote on talks to end dispute - Irish Independent
- Facebook and Twitter can't stop children setting up secret accounts - Irish Independent
- Former Republic of Ireland international star John Giles is to be awarded the ... - Irish Independent
- Former US President Jimmy Carter backs ban on paying for sex in Ireland - Irish Independent