Approximately midway between Dublin and Belfast, Carlingford is a village on the shores of Carlingford Lough. Overlooked by Slieve Foy and the Mourne mountains, Carlingford offers a very Irish experience to all visitors, rich in local history and folklore. Carlingford is just four miles from Omeath.
While here why not visit King Johns castle or the Thosel. For those wishing to stay longer, visit the accommodation page for listings of the prominent hotels, hostels, guest houses, B&Bs and pubs in the area, and visit Omeath Online the local site for Omeath, Co. Louth
Irish classes for beginners/intermediate/advanced
Irish classes will recommence 17th September 2014.
Irish Gaeilge Helper App for Android
The Irish Help app provides a number of essential Irish language productivity enhancements to Android. The helper includes Irish Characters (copy and paste), Multiple Irish Characters (work area – copy and paste), Irish Irregular Verbs reference and a saved notebook allowing you to store and retrieve your own regularly used words, phrases and text.
It can be downloaded from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lumberbat.IrishHelper
Carlingford Tidy Towns
Inspection Volunteers are required on Monday and Tuesday nights for weeding and clean up. Meet at the tennis courts at 7.00pm.
Bring gardening gloves, tools and a plastic bag.
Omeath Cemeteries Survey Cumann Staire Uí Mhéith (Omeath Historical Society) are undertaking a survey of burial plots, grave markers, headstone inscriptions etc. in both Omeath cemeteries with a view to collating the information collected and eventually making it available in published form.
Carlingford: Sunday 3rd August at 11.30am.
Omeath: Sunday 10th August at 10.00am.
Carlingford Indoor Food & Craft Fair
St. Michael’s Hall next Sunday 3rd Aug 12noon – 6pm. Free admission. All welcome.
Woddlers & Toddlers Summer Camp.
Mon 28th July – Fri 1st August 10am – 2pm. Age 3-6yr old. €30 per child. To book a place and for more information contact Irene 087 6715067.
Vacancies with Cooley Community Projects Ltd
- 1 vacancy for Administration in Carlingford.
- 1 vacancy for Caretaker in Cooley
Closing date for applications is 15th Aug 2014
- 1 vacancy for Environmental worker in Omeath.
-1 vacancy for Cleaner in Cooley.
Closing date for applications is 22nd Aug 2014
email@example.com or phone 042 9376077.
Cooley Genealogical and Historical Society
Cooley’s Place in World Geology.
Talk with Dr. Siobhan Power in Long’s Pub on Friday
1st Aug at 8.00pm. Adm €5. Refreshments served.
Glenmore AC Annual 5k Road Race on Friday 1st Aug at 8pm starting at King John’s Castle, Carlingford. Juvenile races U9/11/13/15 at 7pm. €2 entry. Joggers and walkers welcome. www.glenmoreac.com
Would you like to work part-time or full time?
Do you have an illness, injury, disability or mental health difficulty? Would you like help to get a job?
For further info contact EmployAbility Service Louth
042 9386718 or 087 6386885.
Louth VEC Summer Schools 8 – 13yrs
Creative Writing, Cookery, Music Mix-Up,
Computer Animation, Eng. Technology. For further details and application forms see www.louthvec.ie
St. Vincent de Paul
St. James Conference, Cooley. Talk in confidence. Phone 087 9656852.
Good Morning Louth
Telephone service for older people living in Co. Louth to ensure safety and security in their homes. Free service and confidential. For more info contact Anne Murphy 042 9330103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Omeath: 087 1624111. Carlingford: 042 9373581.
- Duke of Kent to commemorate Ireland's war heroes with Michael D Higgins - Belfast Telegraph
- Border staff 'unprepared' to spot Ebola cases arriving in UK - Telegraph.co.uk
- Murder investigation under way in Meath - RTE.ie
- Pune village landslide: India rescuers' desperate dig for trapped survivors - Telegraph.co.uk
- Israel calls up 16000 reservists, vows to investigate strike on UN school in Gaza - Fox News
- Some recent emigrants suffering isolation and hardship - Irish Times
- Man dies as car hits pole at N11/Loughlinstown junction - Irish Times
- 'Getting hit by a truck can be devastating. I'm lucky to be alive' - Irish Times
- O'Brien destitute and living on €188 a week, court told - Irish Times
- Here's why Alan Shatter's legal challenge could cause the government more ... - thejournal.ie