Approximately midway between Dublin and Belfast, Carlingford is a village on the shores of Carlingford Lough. Overlooked by Slieve Foy and the Mourne mountains, Carlingford offers a very Irish experience to all visitors, rich in local history and folklore. Carlingford is just four miles from Omeath.
While here why not visit King Johns castle or the Thosel. For those wishing to stay longer, visit the accommodation page for listings of the prominent hotels, hostels, guest houses, B&Bs and pubs in the area, and visit Omeath Online the local site for Omeath, Co. Louth
Irish classes for beginners/intermediate/advanced
Irish classes will recommence 17th September 2014.
Irish Gaeilge Helper App for Android
The Irish Help app provides a number of essential Irish language productivity enhancements to Android. The helper includes Irish Characters (copy and paste), Multiple Irish Characters (work area – copy and paste), Irish Irregular Verbs reference and a saved notebook allowing you to store and retrieve your own regularly used words, phrases and text.
It can be downloaded from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lumberbat.IrishHelper
Carlingford Tidy Towns
Inspection Volunteers are required on Monday and Tuesday nights for weeding and clean up. Meet at the tennis courts at 7.00pm.
Bring gardening gloves, tools and a plastic bag.
Omeath Cemeteries Survey Cumann Staire Uí Mhéith (Omeath Historical Society) are undertaking a survey of burial plots, grave markers, headstone inscriptions etc. in both Omeath cemeteries with a view to collating the information collected and eventually making it available in published form.
Carlingford: Sunday 3rd August at 11.30am.
Omeath: Sunday 10th August at 10.00am.
St. Vincent de Paul
St. James Conference, Cooley. Talk in confidence. Phone 087 9656852.
Good Morning Louth
Telephone service for older people living in Co. Louth to ensure safety and security in their homes. Free service and confidential. For more info contact Anne Murphy 042 9330103 or email email@example.com
Omeath: 087 1624111. Carlingford: 042 9373581.
- Dun Laoghaire RNLI Lifeboats Called out for 3 Teenagers Stranded in Fog on ... - Afloat
- Ukraine: MH17 Crash Victims' Remains Being Processed - Voice of America
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire - Reuters
- Politicians should trust voters, says Varadkar - Irish Times
- Callely blamed fraud on friend who took own life, court told - Irish Independent
- Rupiah Rises to Two-Month High After Widodo Victory Confirmed - Bloomberg
- Airlines halt flights to Israel after rocket attack, as UN figures show toll on children - Irish Independent
- Teen killed in road accident as quad bike collides with machinery - Irish Independent
- TD defends PAC in wake of legal action by Rehab chief - Irish Independent
- Donegal man pleads guilty to dangerous driving charge - Irish Times