Approximately midway between Dublin and Belfast, Carlingford is a village on the shores of Carlingford Lough. Overlooked by Slieve Foy and the Mourne mountains, Carlingford offers a very Irish experience to all visitors, rich in local history and folklore. Carlingford is just four miles from Omeath.
While here why not visit King Johns castle or the Thosel. For those wishing to stay longer, visit the accommodation page for listings of the prominent hotels, hostels, guest houses, B&Bs and pubs in the area, and visit Omeath Online the local site for Omeath, Co. Louth
Irish classes for beginners/intermediate/advanced
Irish classes will recommence 17th September 2014.
Irish Gaeilge Helper App for Android
The Irish Help app provides a number of essential Irish language productivity enhancements to Android. The helper includes Irish Characters (copy and paste), Multiple Irish Characters (work area – copy and paste), Irish Irregular Verbs reference and a saved notebook allowing you to store and retrieve your own regularly used words, phrases and text.
It can be downloaded from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lumberbat.IrishHelper
Music Classes- Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Fiddle, Flute, Whistle, Harp and Bodhrán in Ára na nGael, Station Road, Omeath. Phone Andrew 0879089493 or Barra 0870968786 for more information.
Ranganna Gaeilge in Óméith Irish Language evening classes starting for adults on Wed 17th & Thur 18th Sept in
Áras na nGael, Óméith, (Shore Rd/Station Rd),
for 10 Weeks. 3 classes: Bunrang (beginners);
Meánrang (intermediate); Ardrang (advanced).
Cost €40. Class times: 7.30 – 9.00pm.
Registration on Mon 15th Sept from 7.30 – 9.00pm.
Calvary Omeath – Gentili Sunday
Archbishop Eamon Martin will celebrate Mass to mark the official opening of New Chapel of Blessed Antonio Rosmini on Sunday 28th Sept at 3.00pm in honour of
Fr. Luigi Gentili. Mass followed by blessing of graves. The Rosminian Fathers invite everyone to attend.
Omeath Bumps & Babies starting in Dolmen Centre Wednesday 10th Sept. Meeting times: 10.30 – 12.30pm. Phone 042 9375422; 086 3524120.
The Cooley Peninsula Men’s Shed are holding a
Cookery Demonstration in the Cooley Complex on
Thurs 25th Sept at 7.30pm. Top local chefs taking part. Tickets €15 including supper.
Cooley Genealogical and Historical Society
Dundalk Gaol Tour on Tuesday 16th Sept. If interested please phone 085 1833110.
Michael O’Hanlon talk on Settlements at Grange in Long’s Pub, Grange on Friday 19th Sept at 8.00pm.
Adm: €5; Unemployed €2. Refreshments served.
Omeath Cemeteries Survey Cumann Staire Uí Mhéith (Omeath Historical Society) are undertaking a survey of burial plots, grave markers, headstone inscriptions etc. in both Omeath cemeteries with a view to collating the information collected and eventually making it available in published form.
St. Vincent de Paul
St. James Conference, Cooley. Talk in confidence. Phone 087 9656852.
Good Morning Louth
Telephone service for older people living in Co. Louth to ensure safety and security in their homes. Free service and confidential. For more info contact Anne Murphy 042 9330103 or email email@example.com
Omeath: 087 1624111. Carlingford: 042 9373581.
- In Hong Kong, Clean and Polite, but a Protest Nonetheless - New York Times
- Burton expects statement from Coffey on driver appointment - Irish Times
- Stab victim Jonny Cooper: Dublin is a great place but stay safe and stick together - Irish Independent
- Time-lapse video shows slash victim's face healing after Dublin attack - Irish Independent
- Revealed: Householders who fail to register face €424 annual water charge - Irish Independent
- Doctor denies fondling teen girl in surgery after she complained of chest infection - Irish Independent
- Shock as nuns die in police crash - Belfast Telegraph
- John McNulty dramatically pulls out of Seanad by-election race - Irish Independent
- 'All I want to do is hold my beautiful little girl' - mother of tragic farm accident victim - Herald.ie
- Pedestrian dies in patrol car crash - Belfast Telegraph